Thursday, August 28, 2008

a dreadful four days

It truly has been a dreadful past few days. Y'know how, sometimes, the difference between what you want to do and what you have to do is so vast that it just makes you sick to think about it? Well, I've been feeling pretty sick all week. I thought it would be a fairly mellow week and that I would actually be able to spend some time at my desk getting stuff done. But no, of course not. Murphy's Law.
On a brighter note, last weekend was very nice. We went camping, minus the dogs, and got some good quality time to ourselves with much-needed peace and quiet. And good weather! Very relaxing. Maybe that's why this week seems like it's pretty tough, because all that relaxation surely should have prepared me. I don't think so!
Ryan and I watched "Guru" (Abhishek Bachhan) a couple of days ago, and we both enjoyed it. It was well-made and well-written. I recommend it. I went through this exercise a few weeks ago, I actually took the time to rate and add a few movies to our netflix queue, so I won't have to look at it again for the next year or so!
I can't wait for tomorrow to come and go. To put this irritating week behind me. Saturday we are going on a long crazy bike ride with some fellow HVCC-ers, and I'm really looking forward to it!!!

2 comments:

i think therefore i am said...

I had a lousy week as well but this was totally my fault.. I was responsible for all the stress I caused myself.. Determined not to let it happen again. But I had a super nice weekend to make up for it.. Lets jus say it involved some retail therapy :D

niha said...

I know! Self-inflicted stress is the worst. But shopping takes most of that away, right :-)