Monday, August 29, 2011

Green Goodness Smoothie

Drinkable green goodness. It's is my new favorite breakfast. This yummy smoothie (or juice?) is extremely filling and gives me a solid portion of my required daily dose of fruits and veggies, and it's fresh, cold, and delicious! I can already hear the mental "eww", but try it before passing judgement  :)

Green Goodness Smoothie




You will need:
1 granny smith or golden delicious apple, cored (but not peeled)
2 cups fresh spinach leaves
1/3 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon honey
2 or 3 ice cubes
optional - 3-4 mint leaves (adds cool refreshing flavor!)

Blend all ingredients. Pour into glass. Enjoy!

2 comments:

KCooper said...

I love Green Smoothies! I drank them for weeks until I had one too many incidents with my blender that I decided to give them up until I got a new blender. I must admit that I do cheat and add a bit of Diet Mt. Dew to mine for the caffeine and fizzy taste :)

niha said...

Oh wow...Kelsey, I would never have thought of adding Mt. Dew to smoothies. If I could drink Mt. Dew without bouncing off the walls I totally would :)