Saturday, June 7, 2008

bacon!

If there were one thing that I could eat over and over again, every day, for the rest of my life, it would be bacon. Extra crispy. No questions asked. Now, they make a low-sodium kind, so there you have it, it is healthy too.

That is what we had for breakfast this morning, with a bleu-cheese fritatta, cinnamon rolls (no icing), and fresh brewed coffee....which gave us much-needed energy for our hour and a half-long bike ride into Governor Dodge State Park and back.

We were supposed to go to a party this afternoon/evening, in a town about thirty minutes north of here, but there is a tornado warning issued for our county and thunderstorms are still brewing south and south-west of us, so we decided to stay put at home.

I put the afternoon to good use and cut up vegetables for dinner - Som Tam (spelling?) with sticky rice.

Am I food-obsessed?

1 comment:

i think therefore i am said...

I am soooo jealous of you or ur husband rather!!! Being in grad school isnt giving me anytime to cook yummm food..
A small kitchen and an over sensitive smoke alarm isnt helping!!!