Sunday, February 19, 2012

Kale Chips

My first attempt at homemade Kale Chips. Inspired by my friend Jennifer, at whose home recently I had the most wonderful Kale Chips, I decided to try making these. And...success! Why didn't anyone tell me how easy these are to make at home?? Not to mention, I would venture to guess that munching on homemade oven-baked Kale Chips is any day better for you than munching on fried things.


   Kale Chips


I started with a beautiful bunch of organic Purple Kale. Simply wash, rinse, rip into bite sized pieces, dry (this is where a salad-spinner is a huge help!), then toss with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, and bake on a cookie sheet at 350 F for 10-15 minutes. Results: crispy, yummy, wonderful green goodness. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay! We made more chips, different kind of kale this time, but I couldn't remember what temperature to use, so headed here of course!

niha said...

That's awesome! Hmm...now I'm wondering what other healthy green veggies we can bake to crispy goodness?