Wednesday, June 25, 2008

what's the rush? and a certain 80s movie

Ever notice when people are in a hurry but they don’t want to be?
The urgency to achieve is at times like a gravitational pull, strong and unavoidable. Sometimes I get that way and then I miss lunch. Or, breakfast, as has been the case for the last several months. And then it’s really bad, because we all know how much I love food. (Breakfast is the favorite meal of the household). So, how do we stop to breathe? Or, in some cases, eat?
I have two fairly embarrassing claims – last night, I watched ‘Back to the Future’ for the first time in my life. And I liked it. (Not entirely sure if I should be more embarrassed of the former or the latter). Of course, I laughed my way through most of the movie…much to the delight of Ben and Amanda, whose house we watched the movie at (thanks guys). But as I said to them last night, I’m sure, had I been ten years younger, I would have been in absolute awe of things like make-believe flux capacitors and cars that run on plutonium. Alas, now, I know too much. So I just laughed, especially every time someone commented on Michael J. Fox’s “life preserver”, and enjoyed the movie and the predominantly Huey Lewis & the News soundtrack (two songs played at different intervals over and over again….you gotta love the 80s), and am definitely looking forward to parts two and three.
The good news is that the Flame Orange down vest is back in vogue, and I need to get one this Fall.

No comments: