Saturday, April 5, 2008

saturday sunrise

This morning, Lola and I had the blessed chance to hang out on the front porch and watch the sun rise. What a glorious morning! Not cold at all! I wrapped myself in a lightweight blanket, sipped my freshly brewed coffee, and curled up on the porch steps with my book. I haven't had the opportunity to enjoy a morning sunrise on the front porch since November of last year. It is mildly irritating to think that it was over five months ago! A petty thought, compared to the actual problems of the world. But, still, Wisconsin winters deserve some complaint.
Lola was laying peacefully by my side. Well, for about 2 minutes anyway. I have not seen her this languid in a long time. Unfortunately (or fortunately), she has been laying down a lot since she was sick last week...most likely the result of a lot less energy. Which is very conducive to us getting things done around the house without having a puppy constantly in our business. However, she is healing fast and will soon be back to normal.
The weather report today says it will be 57 and sunny. Maybe I'll wear shorts.

No comments: