Wednesday, May 14, 2008

“we grow the best snacks on earth”

I have to admit that one of my guilty pleasures, and top five favorite snack-foods of all time, is Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. It makes up a gigantic portion of my yearly snack-food consumption. My entire mouth salivates at the mere thought of them. I take joy in seeing my fingertips turn red (from the yummy artificial food coloring), whenever I eat them. And, I keep a stash in my desk drawer at work for emergency afternoon cravings.

This afternoon, I was helping myself to a napkin-full when I saw something very curious on the back side of the package.



“We grow the best snacks on earth”



closely followed by



“Made with All Natural Oil”



Having appreciated these tasty treats (in moderation) for years and years, I happen to know that there is nothing remotely food-like, or natural, about these…and that is one of the things that makes it taste exactly the way it does. How does it go, “a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet”…or something like that? I pity those who justify buying this product because of the above claims.

Thank you Frito-Lay.

No comments: