Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rainy afternoon date!

I took my husband out on a date yesterday afternoon. No, you didn't read that wrong. I took him. We had grand plans to go eat lunch at an authentic french patisserie I had heard about last week and was eager to try, only to find when we got there that the place was "closed for vacation". Hmm. With the imminent threat of a thunderstorm, the luck of the Irish came to the rescue and we found a neat little pub just around the corner from the patisserie. Much to their credit, they were open! That was perfect, and looked exactly like Ryan's type of place. Look how happy he is.

We ordered yummy cold beverages, and split their signature appetizer shrimp. The shrimp was happiness on a plate, prepared simmered in a broth of portobello mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, lemon juice, and parsley, served with enough crusty sourdough bread to mop up all the broth. I immediately thought of ways to replicate my own version of it, and I will be making it soon. It was a nice lunch. We made silly faces at each other across the table, some of which have been captured for posterity on the camera!


From there, we moseyed on to a thrift store, with it still pouring rain, to browse for much-needed storage solutions for our little house. Finding nothing, I made my way across to the jewelry aisle (while Ryan patiently occupied himself) and I found this funky necklace for $2. How cute is this, to dress up a plain t-shirt and jeans?


It is shaping up to be a really good weekend. Wishing you all the same joy, memories, and happy relationships.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love it! Glad you enjoyed your day.